Dating Alpena Michigan
Alpena, Michigan, recorded 3.1" of snow on Thursday, which broke the record for the date of 1.6" set in 2007: https://t.co/5rfXxxaNzv https://t.co/IaK7tRTaEX
2019.04.12 11:04 climatechaosbot Alpena, Michigan, recorded 3.1" of snow on Thursday, which broke the record for the date of 1.6" set in 2007: https://t.co/5rfXxxaNzv https://t.co/IaK7tRTaEX
2016.11.22 03:47 Cerce_Tentones List of County Conventions, Meetings, And More!
Alright folks; times are coming up for us to take part in the political process. I've written here a big list of everything that's going to be going on. Not every county is represented because not every county likes to list their events online for some God-awful reason.
Try and bring some kind of dish to serve, something light and snacky; some of these meetings request this outright, but I think it'd be a good first impression. Don't go bake a turkey or something.
Let's kill with kindness. These are not the folks who screwed us over; that'd be the DNC itself. MANY of the county conventions require you to be a member of the state democratic party 30 days prior to the election. Be aware of this going in!
If you've been pinged here, it's simply because I've seen you post and you've been looking for things to do in the state or are upset at the current status of things. Here's your chance to impact Michigan. Here's where it starts!
- Alpena County Dems meeting at Latitudes; Tuesday Dec. 20th 6:30-9:30 - also Trivia Night fun with family
- Antrim Dems County Convention, 2pm-4pm Dec. 1st, Antrim County Building, Bellaire MI; party meeting Dec. 22nd 6pm-9pm at same location
- Barry County Democratic Party meets on the Second Saturday of each month (Dec. 10th) @ Thomas Jefferson Hall, 9am.
- Bay County Dems meeting on Nov. 29th and Dec. 27th at 7PM at the Bay City American Legion
- Benzie County Dems, Tuesday, December 6, 10:00 – 11:30 am and Wednesday, December 7, 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Benzie County Headquarters; also holiday gathering
- Berrien County Democratic Party, Thu, Dec 15, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM, BCDP Office
- Branch County Dems 3rd Wednesday of the month (Dec. 21st) 7pm, Coldwater Township Hall
- Calhoun County Dems 4th Wednesday (Nov. 23rd, Dec. 28th) of every month @ 7PM, at the student center of the Kellogg Community College.
- Cass County Dems 5:00 pm Third Tuesday (Dec. 20th) of the month at headquarters
- Cheboygan County Dems - Monday, Nov. 28, 5PM at the Cheboygan Public Library - bring cookies! No meetings in December.
- Chippewa County Dems Dec. 6th 5:30 PM Antlers Restaurant
- Clare County Dems - November 28th at 6:30 pm - County Convention At McAndrew Photography in Harrison
- Dickinson County Dems Wednesday January 25th, 6 pm, Laborers Hall #1329 at 1800 North US Hwy 2, Iron Mountain, MI 49801
- Eaton County Dems Sun. Dec. 4th 1-4PM at the IBEW; Thu, December 15, 6:30pm – 8:00pm, Log Jam Restaurant
- Emmet County Dems Dec. 6th, 6:30 PM - Waterfront Resource Center (cannot find on Google Maps).
- Genesee County Dems County Convention 5pm on Nov. 28th, MEA Building; Dec. 8th at 6pm at the UAW building (Side note: Genesee Progressive Caucus next meets on Dec. 13th at 6:30 at the same UAW building), Flint - make sure to bring a dish to pass!)
- Gladwin County Dems Tuesday, Nov. 22 5:30 Mario's Mexican Restaurant in Gladwin
- Grand Traverse dems Thursday, December 1, 6:00pm-8:00pm, MEA office
- Houghton County dems, Wed, December 7, 7pm – 9pm, Super 8 Motel.
- Ingham County Dems 6:30 PM on the third Wednesday (dec. 21st) of each month at the Human Services Building in Lansing (there's like 3 of these according to Google; can't find which one)
- Isabella County Dems Thursday, December 1 at 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Isabella County Admin Building
- Kent County Democratic Party meetings take place on the 2nd Wednesday of every month (Dec. 14th), starting at 7pm at the American Postal Workers Union.
- Leelanau County Dems have so many events I'm just going to direct you to their site.
- Lenawee County Dems meetings are held on the second Thursday (Dec. 8th) at Democratic Party Headquarters at 7:00 PM
- Livingston County Dems December, 04 4-7pm Centennial Farms Clubhouse, Rushton Road at 10 Mile, South Lyon (Green Oak), MI - Bring a dish!
- Macomb County Dems' has a couple things coming up in December, check the calendar!
- Manistee County Dems Thu, November 24, 7:00pm – 8:30pm, Headquarters
- Marquette County Dems' Meeting Dates: 5:15 pm to 6:45 every second Thursday (Dec. 8th) at Peter White Public Library, Shirus Room
- Missaukee County Dems' meets the fourth Tuesday of every month, April through October, at 7:00pm at the Missaukee County Courthouse. Please bring a can or package of nonperishable food to be donated to a local food pantry.
- Monroe County Dems' Mon, Nov 28, 2016, 7:00 PM, County Courthouse.
- Montcalm County Democrat Party - Meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the 2nd Sunday (Dec. 11th) of each month. Meetings are held at the UAW Union Hall.
- Ogemaw County Dems' meetings every fourth Tuesday of the month, at the ogemaw county courthouse; also their facebook page is hilariously run by some rando #OurRevolution guy with 23 followers. God speed you magnificent bastard.
I'll update this as I find more information on different county parties; make sure to show up and get involved! Even if it's too late to run locally, we can still build support for the post-2018 elections. Rome was not built in a day. Best of luck, and if you need help let me know! Some counties were left out due to me running out of time at work, but most that were left out were due to lack of information.
submitted by Cerce_Tentones
to PoliticalRevolutionMI [link] [comments]
2015.01.27 21:00 thebigcohoonah Can somebody explain to the process of entering the Bear Permit Raffle? When can I buy in and where can I do this.
I want to begin earning points to obtain a bear permit but I am not sure when the dates are to do so or even where to go to buy in. I just spent some time scrolling the DNR website and couldn't find anything to answer these questions. I assume you can just buy them over the counter of any place that sells deer rifle permits but am not sure what the date range is?
Thanks in advanced,
Edit: this is for Michigan, alpena area.
submitted by thebigcohoonah
to Hunting [link] [comments]
2014.11.17 07:20 LieutenantLewd Moving back to this great state after 14 years, what do I need to know?
I was born in Alpena, and lived in Oscoda until I was 6. We then moved to south-east Wisconsin. I've visited alpena/oscoda a couple times since, the most recent time was about 3 years ago for my grandfather's funeral.
I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area when I was 18, and I am 20 now. I've decided to move back for a few reasons, mostly because I am tired of paying up the wazoo for rent, utilities and services. I'm also done with college for a while, I dont have the right mindset for college at the moment, and I'm interested in finding a skilled trade. Specifically welding/pipe welding. Also, my boyfriend -- who lives in wisconsin -- and I want to move in together after dating for 4 years. We are thinking we want to move to Menominee or the Soo. Definitely somewhere in the UP or in Northern Michigan.
That said, what should I know about this beautiful state as an adult, that I might not have known as a child? What are the things I should avoid doing? What should I most definitely do to fit in/make friends? Do you have any general knowledge that you would like to impart upon a young buck who is growing into his own independence?
submitted by LieutenantLewd
to Michigan [link] [comments]